View Larger Map
1840s*: Father Elisha Durbin served the area.
1881: A frame church was built.
1893: The first resident pastor, Father Thomas Day, was appointed.1908: The present church was constructed under the leadership of Father Joseph Roken. St. Joseph Parish also served Stonefort, Vienna, Metropolis, and New Burnside.
2012:The Parish has become part of the new St. Kateri Parish.
*This brief history is taken from A Time of Favor: The Story of the Catholic Family of Southern Illinois by Betty Burnett.